Wednesday, February 4, 2009

how it works.


ba + marian
Originally uploaded by fisher arsenal
thanks to ba, marian and colin for letting me tag along on the shoot the other weekend. sorry i wasn't a very good light stand, i was distracted by taking photos as well. whoops. here's what came of it.
it's been so great to be surrounded by others with cameras and i'm completely obsessed. my first roll from the canon was sweet. though i have a feeling i may need to hang out with more people, so i dont have 1,000 photos of kris and brian. :(
for those interested, no, the volcano has not erupted. but i wish it would. people + ash + snow = great photos. flipping great. tonight i'm going to see Zoe Strauss speak at the museum. should be really cool. too bad patrick's car battery couldn't take the fairbanks cold to come down for it. would have been neat.

here's a comparison for funsies. brian took both pictures, top - his hasselblad with portra 400 NC film, bottom, my rolleiflex with portra 400 VC film.... interesting. i think my camera wins, he thinks he does. guess that's why we use different film.

2 comments:

Brian Adams said...

first off.
what's wrong with hundreds of photos of me?!
second.
hasselblad with proper skin tones totally wins. yup. you know it fish sticks.

Brian Adams said...

third.
I love the photos you took of me.... they are lovely composed.